Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Stolen

Those who've seen my twitter posts should know that my bag was recently stolen. I was dining at the hawker centre near Eminent Plaza with my mum and my bag which was placed beside me was stolen just like that... Despite the fact that there was always somebody at the table but our negligence caused the bag to be stolen anyway. The most troublesome thing was that my IC was in my bag so things got troublesome, with me having to make a police report and make a replacement card and all. To be honest though, it's the so-called unimportant things that matter most to me because they have sentimental value.

I guess the old adage "you never know what's important until you lose it" is quite true seeing as how those stuff that were always in my bag was overlooked by me until I lost them. But no matter how important those items were, they're lost already and not everything can be replaced. It's the price that I have to pay for my negligence I suppose (besides the $100 replacement fee for the IC, that is).

While of course I hope that my bag with its contents will be replaced, I honestly think the chances of that happening are pretty low. All I can say now is, low crime doesn't mean no crime. Here's reminding all who (still) read my blog to be always on alert and not forget that crime can always happen wherever you are. Have a safe and happy year ahead!

.// &&CALZ